Come and join the world of websites with our digital marketing scholarships & internships!
Gorilla Marketing is proud to offer a helping hand with the university fees of students who show great promise in marketing or design – especially if their course is digitally related. The scholarship will also come with a paid internship opportunity at Gorilla SEO Manchester if you choose to accept it. At this point, our scholarship is only open to one student per year in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Before you begin the application process, why not visit our about us page and find out if you’ll fit in with the troop!
We are looking for students who show great initiative and critical thinking skills, as well as show a record of creativity and ‘out-the-box thinking’. Our ideal candidates will also meet the following criteria:
- This scholarship is open to all the students who are currently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools.
- Students of any branch of education are eligible to apply for this scholarship, however, they must show an active interest in SEO / Internet Marketing.
- We would prefer you have a working understanding of computers, websites, & digital marketing in general before you apply.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 when the scholarship is awarded to them.
- Amount: £3000
- Awarded: Anually
- Awarded to: 1 Student
What We Do
Gorilla Marketing provides SEO & digital solutions for small to medium sized businesses. We provide a spectrum of bespoke services that explicitly cater to our clients website needs. What services are required varies from site to site, we create our plan of action to fit the individual circumstances of the business.
Here are a few general explanations of typical services we offer:
- Web development and design – We design & create the website to the clients specifications on a user friendly platform, usually WordPress (easy for the customer to use and understand).
- Paid per click lead generation (PPC) – Pay per click advertising can be purchased on a variety of platforms, including sponsored listings on Google, Facebook & Linkedin. This puts you directly in front of potential customers, when done correctly it can translate directly into sales.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) – Search engine optimisation specifically entails optimising your website for search engines (a.k.a Google, Yahoo). However, effective SEO involves more complex consideration than a few simple adjustments; it’s an ongoing process.
- Social media management – Social media is an important tool in any digital marketers repertoire. There are businesses who thrive solely off social engagement.
The Benefits of a Gorilla Marketing Internship
- Learn from one of the top digital marketing agencies in Manchester.
- Obtain one to one experience from members of our team
- Gain an understanding of every facet of the web development process; from website creation to SEO & marketing
- Graduate to become a full member of the Gorilla Marketing band!
It’s our job to train you to be the best the UK has to offer, we’ll help you grow your skills in whichever area of the industry you find yourself flourishing in.
Our team are all experienced with a plethora of different roles within the web industry. However, we all tend to specialise in one niche or another. Which path do you want to develop upon?
- Content – The process of writing, editing & improving web content is a considerable part of any website. Our content writers are relentlessly pursuing the best way to keep audiences entertained and informed. Do you have a penchant for writing? Perhaps a little Ernest Hemingway?
- Technical – Our technical roles cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities & tasks,. This could vary from auditing a website to discover what issues are holding it back, to hand coding in new functions and features to improve the website and user experience (UX). This role requires an analytical eye, strong research skills, patience for trial & error, and problem solving ability. Does this sound like you?
- Social – Social Media is a crucial part of some businesses, a solid social presence can bring a whole new demographic of potential customers. Good Social Media involves posting intriguing and shareable content, so your friends & followers promote it for you of their own volition. Do you think you have what it takes to publish viral posts and tweets?
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – Pay Per Click marketing is another way for certain businesses to thrive. By bidding on the prices of advertisement clicks, you can drive interested customers directly to your product. PPC can be remarkably competitive and requires certain skills to utilise effectively: experience, statistical knowledge, an eye for graphic design, and insight into what potential customers are thinking.
- Development – Website development is very code heavy position. It requires immaculate attention to detail & problem solving skills. Patience, learning as you go, and the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time are key skills for this role. If you want to become a full stack developer or learn how to code in general, this will test & improve your skills.
Throughout your Scholarship we will be working with various website oriented software and coding languages (HTML, CSS, PHP, & more), this includes but is not limited to:
- Various website content management systems (CMS) – WordPress, Shopify, WooCommerce, Joomla, Hubspot & more.
- Technical SEO tools – Ahrefs, SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog & more.
- Google Analytics & Webmaster tools.
- Social Media platforms – from Facebook to Youtube, and everything in between.
- Numerous other programs & tools we aren’t prepared to disclose here!
Why Choose Gorilla Over Another Agency?
So, you’re looking to start an office career in digital marketing, SEO, or just website work in general. The best way to get a strong head start in any career is to work with and learn from experts in the field. So what makes us stand out from the other companies within Manchester?
- A company at the forefront of the digital marketing industry. Since being established in 2013, Gorilla Marketing has grown from a one man bedroom operation to a large office and team in the centre of Manchester. We’ve come a long way, and
- Open learning experience. Our team loves to pool knowledge together, this level of teamwork allows us to stay ahead of the competition. During your internship education, you will find yourself taught by every single member of staff. We all have useful techniques to impart!
- Office culture. We like to think our office atmosphere is laid back and approachable for any type of person. No matter what walk of life you’re from, you shouldn’t struggle to fit in with the troop!
- We pay our interns! If you have been searching through Indeed or other job websites recently for similar roles, most internships are unpaid roles. While other agencies take on interns primarily for free labour, that’s not in line with the Gorilla Marketing ethos.
- Career progression prospects. Whether you choose to stay on with us after your internship or stick with us, the skills and knowledge you obtain during your time with us will give you a strong foundation for however you decide to move forward.
Submitting Your Internship Application for 2021
To submit your application for this scholarship, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘MARKETING SCHOLARSHIP | ATT: KYLE JAMES’. Within this email please attach an up to date CV, as well as a covering letter on why you meet the criteria and should be considered. The final date for consideration is the 31st July every year.