One of the most effective SEO tips that you can implement with immediate effect is making sure that your ‘on-page SEO‘ is done correctly.
In the video below (Whiteboard Friday / Transcript from Moz), Rand Fishkin from Moz runs through some of the on-page factors that Google will look at when determining how high a web page should rank in the SERP’s:
Some of the main things that you can take away from this are:
- Make sure your page content is unique. Use Plagspotter to find out if any duplicates of your web pages exist on the internet that could be harming your rankings.
- You meet high standards of page quality and design. Some tips and tricks from Gorilla Marketing that you could implement:
- Try and have each web page have as many (if not more) words on the page than your competitors do for the key phrases you are trying to rank for. Use this bulk page word checker to see how you match up.
- Try and have unique, high-quality content like videos and images on your pages.
- Your page successfully answers the searchers’ questions and it is easy for them to complete an action on your website.
- Your spelling and grammar are perfect. Use Grammarly for your browser or Microsoft Office.
- You link to lots of high-authority external sites to give users more information and further reading if they require it.
- Interlinking of your site.
- Fast page load times and accessible/readable on any device.
- Update low-performance pages to meet standards to give the whole website more credibility.
If you would like a free SEO audit to see how your website is doing in the rankings & any improvements that you could be making feel free to drop us a line!