LOCAL BUSINESS CASE STUDY
Read how we helped a local business over quadruple their inbound enquiries through online marketing.
FAQ About SEO London:
WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) describes the process behind optimizing websites to appear higher in the organic search rankings for phrases that generate relevant traffic to your website. The process is fairly straight-forward, although it can be very competitive and time consuming. The best way to think about it is to look at it from the perspective that Google and other search engines want to show the most relevant result to their users.
With this very basic, yet powerful knowledge, SEO’s are able to ‘reverse engineer’ what it is that Google is looking for when planning a site build and linking outreach. The main two areas that are of focus are as follows:
- On-Page SEO: This is the part where your website is made to be easily read and understood by search engines, as well as being user friendly.
- Off-Page SEO: This is the process behind establishing your website as an authority in your industry. This is done by producing great, industry relevant content for your website, as well as reaching out to industry relevant websites and having them link to you through a variety of methods.
The whole process is really quite fun, although it can be extremely competitive.
HOW LONG DOES SEO TAKE?
This can depend on many, many different factors. From our experience though, if we are to assume that you have registered a brand-new domain and want it found for low to medium sized competition local keywords – if strict guidelines are followed and the website meets certain criteria – then after around 6 months to see an ROI on your SEO budget is not an unreasonable request. For local websites that already have a level of trust to them or an exceptional standard of content the results can often come quicker.
National, e-commerce and other highly competitive keywords can often take over a year for the campaign to bear fruit, which is why a top-level SEO agency will often commit to top tier keyword research beforehand in order to target low volume, low competition keywords to ensure your business profitability during this campaign period.
WHY USE AN AGENCY FOR SEO?
There are many reasons that a company might look towards an SEO agency to utilize their online marketing budget. One of the main motives is the specialization that they offer, as well as access to a wide range of niche skillsets that may be too expensive or time-consuming to put together in-house.
WHAT IS THE TYPICAL SERVICE / RELATIONSHIP LIKE WITH AN AGENCY?
This will often depend on the agency that you are working with – we can really only speak for Gorilla Marketing. In our case we believe transparency and open communication are the founding blocks on which all successful campaigns are built. It’s for this reason we provide our clients with a dedicated account manager for all your web needs. It is the role of the account manager to liaise with our internal team doing your marketing or design and ensure that you know what is going on with your account.
Gorilla Marketing also prides itself on not just focusing on your ‘rankings’ – our account managers are also tasked with always looking for new opportunities to grow your business through other internet marketing channels.
IS SEO RIGHT FOR MY BUSINESS?
The answer to this question depends, again, on a couple of very simple premises. The first one is determining if your product or service has a decent ‘generic phrase’ search volume. What we mean by this is, if someone who doesn’t know of your business is looking for someone like you on a search engine, would your website be found? Next is to ask is if that generic search volume justifies the time, effort and capital involved in chasing those keywords. If you are able to see that over a roughly 4-12-month period you will get your money back in newly gained customers, then SEO is probably a right fit for your business.
There are many tools which will tell you about your industry’s keyword volume, including Google themselves. However, if you would like a free website and SEO analysis which includes this information (plus other important insight into your SEO) please feel free to contact us.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES BESIDES SEO DO YOU OFFER?
Besides search engine optimisation we also offer the following services:
- Website Hosting. From data centres in either Denver or Manchester, we are able to provide world class, super-fast and secure web hosting for your business website.
- Web Design. We provide WordPress web design and development as well as CRO (conversion rate optimization) to help you maximize your traffic.
- PPC / Retargeting. Search engines allow you the option to pay to be at the top of the results for keywords that generate you new business. Gorilla Marketing provide comprehensive PPC and display solutions that are ROI focused and maximized to convert.
- Social Media Advertising. Reaching out to current customers, people who have visited your website or an audience based on the habits of your current customers, we are able to manage your Facebook and other social media advertising.
- Graphic Design & Print. A relatively new department at Gorilla Marketing, sprung from both the internal needs of our agency and the needs of our clients – Gorilla Marketing offers comprehensive graphic design; and through a close working partnership with another agency, printing of anything from business cards to billboards.
HOW MUCH DOES SEO COST?
The cost of SEO is often dependent on the size and scope of your proposed project. In some cases, SEO agencies or freelancers will bill according to the hours they have worked, while others will work on a per project basis / monthly retainer. Saying that though; and then depending on your budget, available resources and how competitive your industry is online – you’ll find SEO could cost anywhere from £700 p/m to £30 000 p/m. While that price may seem steep to some, often businesses will see a return on that investment in the form of new customers (as long as their SEO has been done effectively).